Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saving the planet one light at a time

I have just written my latest game and posted it to my site.

This game is my latest in an attempt to teach myself and get practice in using HTML5, JavaScript and Canvas. It is not an original game and is described quite well here. The game is similar to the last one, so did not take much extra effort.

As usual, the things that took the most effort were the small things. In particular getting the bevel correct on the lights and getting the radial gradients working correctly. The documentation that I found on radial gradient was not particularly helpful in helping me understand how it works. I have left all the source code unminified which will hopefully help anyone else trying to get radial gradients to work in JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment